Allow STATE workflow automation configurationPinned Planned
It would be very helpful to be able to support true workflows in EP. I'd like to be able to set conditions on which a task changes state automatically. I see this feature as a natural addition to the current System Lists > Workflow section.
Currently, we can add/change/delete State names and determine which ticket type they are used for, but that's it. Not a true workflow.
Here's a few conditions I'd like to be able to Configure:
- If Task Start Date = Today, AND State = "Backlog", change State to "Open"
- If Timer is enabled, change State to "In Progress"
- If Customer or Guest commented on task, change State to "Customer Response"
Auto change State based on Start Date:
- Example: January 21, I create a task with Start Date of February 20th and set the state to "Backlog." On February 20th, system changes the State from "Backlog" to "Open." On February 21st, I click the counter, auto changing state to "In Progress" while I work on the item. After an hour, I send a message to the customer, and manually set the state to "Pending Response". When the customer responds, the state is automatically changed to "Open" again.
- Business Case: When working from Agile methods this would keep track of the tasks with less manual process and improve the ability of PMs to report on status of items. It would also work very well with another enhancement suggestion I have for selecting only certain States to show in the My Assignments view.
Please sign in to leave a comment.