This article covers the updated Activity Center of April 2022. Articles pertaining
to the older Activity Center are still available in our Knowledge Base under similar titles but will be phased out as new Activity Center replaces its older version entirely.
This feature is used when a user has added a task, issue or request or submitted an issue by e-mail, but has no way to assign them to a member of the target project, since he or she has the ‘View and manage members or assignees’ permission disabled in the role.
To make sure a task, issue or request in the situation just described gets assigned to one of the target project’s member, you can specify who will be assigned a task, issue or request automatically, as and when they are added or submitted to the project.
Auto assign via Activity Center grid
- Hover over the name of the project.
- Click the More actions button on the Details button ().
- Select Auto assign.
- Select consecutively project members to be automatically assigned to new tasks, issues and requests.
- Click Save to complete the operation.
Auto assign via Project Details
- In Activity Center, click the name of the project you wish to edit.
- In the projects details section, click .
- Click Auto assign.
- Select a default assignee for tasks, issues and/or requests.
- Click on the "Save" button for the changes to take effect.