This feature is used when a user has added a task, issue or request or submitted an issue by e-mail, but has no way to assign them to a member of the target project, since he or she has the ‘View and manage members or assignees’ permission disabled in the role.
To make sure a task, issue or request in the situation just described gets assigned to one of the target project’s member, you can specify who will be assigned a task, issue or request automatically, as and when they are added or submitted to the project.
Auto assign via Activity Center grid
The auto-assign procedure is given below:
- Hover over the name of the project.
- Click the More actions button on the Details button ().
- Select Auto assign.
- Select consecutively project members to be automatically assigned to new tasks, issues and requests.
- Click Save to complete the operation.
Auto assign via Project Details
The procedure is as follows:
- In Activity Center, click the name of the project you wish to edit.
- In the projects details section, click .
- Click Auto assign.
- Select a default assignee for tasks, issues and/or requests.
- Click on the "Save" button for the changes to take effect.