Adding a project in Activity Center is the initial step in managing your projects and is very simple.
To add a project:
- Open Activity Center.
- Click the blue 'New Project' button rightmost on the top toolbar.
NOTE: If you want to create a project based on an existing template, see Creating projects based on templates.
- Type the name of the project in a text box as it opens underneath.
- Click 'Create' at the right end of the box, or press Enter.
- A box opens beneath inviting you to type the name of an activity.
- Proceed as described in Creating activities in Activity Center.
- As soon as the project is saved you can furnish further details to the project by clicking its name and filling any extra details on its details section.
- Alternatively, use respective field cells to add details to the project. See the use case below:
— Click the Fields button and make sure the Total Budget field is enabled under Budget and Cost. Click the Total Budget cell for the project, edit the total budget value, press Enter or click outside the cell. Pressing Esc will cancel the change.
2. To add your project's estimated hours:
— Click the Fields button and make sure the Estimated hours field is enabled under Time. Click the Estimated hours cell for the project, type in an Estimated hours value, press Enter or click outside the cell. Pressing Esc will cancel the change.
3. To add a description to the project:
— Position the mouse pointer over the name of the project. Click the Details button (). The project details will open on the right. While typing a description for the project, you may use some editing tools, such as font change, font color, indenting, justification, etc., including hyperlinks. Press Esc or click outside the Description field to save changes.
As you add a project, a unique ID number (ID#) is assigned to it as an identifier. It cannot be changed or deleted.