This article covers the updated Activity Center of April 2022. Articles pertaining
to the older Activity Center are still available in our Knowledge Base under similar titles but will be phased out as new Activity Center replaces its older version entirely.
Activity Center is the main screen of Easy Projects, the place where you can view and manage projects and activities to which you have access as determined by your global and/or project role and permissions.
Activity Center offers the following key features:
- Four view tabs: Table, Gantt, Board, and Calendar.
- New Project button with the option to create a project based on a template.
- Filters to choose which information to display on the Activity Center grid.
- Sort button to select a sorting method separately for projects and activities.
- Fields button to select which columns are to be visible on the Activity Center grid.
- Actions button to turn on the batch operation mode.
- More actions button to access additional options, including flat/hierarchical view switch, hide projects switch, import/export options.
- Save view button to save the current view displayed in Activity Center as determined by the filters applied, the current set of columns, etc.
- A Filters panel enabled by clicking the Filters button (item 3 above).
- Data area: depending on the view, Table, Gantt, Board or Calendar, the area contains a customizable representation of your project data. The Table view includes a filtered listing of your projects and activities, with various attributes in respective columns, displayed hierarchically or as a flat list. The Gantt view divides the screen in two, with the left side of adjustable width being the same tabular structure as above, and the right one – a Gantt chart matching the rows representing projects or activities on the left side. The Board view is a version of Kanban board that is a method of organizing your work. Using the Calendar view you can have your projects and activities displayed on a calendar field.
- Adjustable width columns with respective project/activity data. Which columns to display is selected via the Fields button (Item 4 above) that opens a complete list of all available fields. Any column can be frozen so that it remains in place when the grid is scrolled to right or left. Hiding a column is also available as a way to conceal a currently unwanted column without removing it altogether.
- Project problem activity counter to indicate the number of activities whose health is at risk.
- Activity state marker to indicate that an activity have certain deviation from plan. Positioning the mouse pointer over the marker open an infopanel
Fig.1 Activity Center general view (refer to the numbered list above)
Fig. 2 The Filters panel (item 9 on the list above)