The Activity center is the main screen of Birdview PSA, the place where you can view and manage projects and activities to which you have access as determined by your global and/or project role and permissions.
The Activity center offers the following key features:
- Four types of views: Table, Gantt, Board, and Calendar.
- Quick access toolbar - contains four buttons offering access to Time logs, My assignments, Notifications, and Approval requests. This toolbar is available on the top bar of every screen in Birdview PSA.
- New project button - to create a project based on a template.
- Filters - to choose which information to display on the Activity center grid.
- Grouping menu.
- Visibility options.
- Sorting - to select a sorting method separately for projects and activities.
- Columns - to select which columns are to be visible on the Activity center grid.
- More actions - to access additional options, including project snapshots, archived projects, and import/export options.
- Batch operations mode.
- Add activity - to add an activity to a project or sub-activity to an activity.
- Details - to open the details panel of a project or activity.
- Save view - to save the current layout displayed in the Activity center as determined by the filters applied, the current set of columns, etc.
- Adjustable columns with respective project/activity data. Any column can also be frozen so that it remains in place when the grid is scrolled to the right or left. Hiding a column is also available as a way to conceal a currently unwanted column without removing it altogether.
Views are used to select one of the four available presentations of the Activity center:
New project button
allows you to effortlessly add new projects within your system. To get started, follow these steps:
- Locate and click New project in the Activity center.
- The "New project" pop-up window will appear on your screen. This pop-up enables you to specify essential project details, including:
- Project name: enter a descriptive name for your project.
- Description: provide a brief overview or description of the project.
- Start and End dates: set the project's start and end dates to establish its timeline.
- Additionally, you have the option to create a project using predefined templates, streamlining the project creation process.
allow you to use a great number of parameters to locate the item or a group of items you would like to filter out in the Activity center. To learn more about filters, check out this article.
Examples could include (1) a particular project you would like to work with; (2) the complete list of projects with the "Open" status; (3) all activities with "Open" status and "Development" category. The best thing about the filters is that you can combine them any way you like.
This set of options governs the grouping of data displayed in the Activity center. offers two options:
- Group by projects
- Group by portfolio
gives access to the Activity center visibility settings. These include:
- Show/hide completed projects
- Show/hide completed activities
- Flat (list of activities without parent/child relation)/Hierarchical (visible parent/child relation) view
- Show/hide projects/activities counter
There are many ways the list shown in the Activity center view can be sorted. You can the list by activity or project attributes, which are presented as two columns. Simply select an item, e.g. WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), and the list will be re-sorted accordingly.
The Activity center offers a wide range of customization options, from sorting lists in a variety of ways to adding custom .
The button gives access to a menu of additional options. These include:
- Project snapshots
- Import from MS Project
- Import from CSV
- Export to CSV
- Show archived projects
To read more about batch operations refer to the article here.
Learn more about how to add projects and activities in this article.
Use the button the current view of the Activity center. Once saved, the view can be retrieved, edited, shared, or deleted. See the article for details.