This article covers features available Only in Birdview PSA - to upgrade contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Resource Loading report allows you to schedule hours either in manual or automatic mode. Enabling manual mode requires that the activity does not have automatic workload calculation permanently enabled (point 3 below). You can always revert back to automatic scheduling if you need to. Birdview also keeps tabs on the so-called balance hours which are the difference between scheduled hours and hours left. This ensures you never loose track of what hours you should schedule.
To enable manual mode for an activity:
- Filter out the activity. How to use the filters, please see the Resource Loading Report.
- Make sure the Actual hours & hours left view is selected on the More Actions menu ().
- Make sure the Recalculate hours shared among assignees checkbox in the Assignee editor in the activity details is cleared.
- Select Daily in the granularity selector.
Manual hours scheduling
To change an hours left value assigned automatically, proceed as follows:
- Click a cell.
- Type a value in the HH:MM format or a decimal.
- Press Enter.
Once you entered a value, the activity will be marked with the manual mode icon ().
Manual mode identification
Activities with manually scheduled hours are identified with a special icon ().
Turning off manual mode
Turning off manual mode will automatically enable automatic workload calculation. To turn off manual mode for an activity, proceed as follows:
- Click the manual mode icon ().
As a result, the manually scheduled hours will be replaced with automatically calculated hours left based on the total hours left value of the activity.
Resetting scheduled hours for an activity
If you made a mistake and would like to start with a clean slate, you can reset the hours currently scheduled for the activity to zero. With hours reset, the balance hours field will show the hours left value available for new scheduling. Here's how to proceed with resetting:
- Place the mouse pointer over the activity row.
- Click the reset button () as it pops up.
- Click Set to zero on the action confirmation dialog box.