You can have more than one workflow (statuses of work) which you can apply to your projects as need be. One of the workflows you have created can be marked as default – this one will be used by default for every new project you or your coworkers create. You can also duplicate workflows, as a time saver, especially if you have a workflow you would like to use as a template.
Within a workflow, you can manage all three types of statuses (treat-as-open, treat-as-hold, and treat-as-completed) for your projects and activities (setting task, issue, and request statuses separately).
Adding a workflow
- Go to Company Settings > Workflows.
- Click + Add workflow.
- As the workflow editor opens, give a new workflow name.
- Add or edit statuses for projects, tasks, issues, and requests according to your needs.
Setting a new/completed project/activity default status
- Hover over a blank cell for the Project, Task, Issue or Request column until a to-be-made-default-status icon appears .
- Click it.
- Select New/Completed project/activity default status.
At least one of the workflows is the default. Such a workflow is marked with the tag Default. To change the default workflow, you need to mark another one as default.
- Hover over the row of the workflow you want to mark as default.
- Click Mark as Default.
Deleting a workflow
- Hover over the row of the workflow you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm deletion (this action cannot be undone).
Applying a workflow to a project
To apply a workflow to a project:
- Open the project's details.
- Click the project workflow field.
- Select a workflow on the list of available workflows.