Easy Projects App for Microsoft Teams allows you to convert MS Teams chats into actionable EP activities. Conversely, you can view an EP activity by inserting its URL in the message bar whereby it will be displayed as a card with some basic data about the task, i.e. name, status, assignees. The latter technology is known as link unfurling.
Adding Easy Projects to MS Teams apps
- Sign in to MS Teams.
- Click Apps ().
- Type 'Easy Projects' in the search bar.
- Click Easy Projects by Logic Software Inc. on the app field.
Installing the Easy Projects' Teams Bot
Now that you have added Easy Projects to MS Teams apps, you need to install a special program, called bot, to carry data to and from your Easy Projects account. In Easy Projects it is called Teams Bot. To install it:
- Type 'login' in the MS Teams message bar and hit Enter.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to type in your EP account name.
You will be asked to allow Teams Bot to access your EP account—click 'Allow'.
The bot will be installed automatically.
Signing in to Easy Projects
To be able to communicate to your Easy Projects account you need to sign in to your EP account from inside MS Teams. Here's how:
- Type 'login' in the message bar. A suggestion 'Login to Easy Projects Account' will appear. Click on it, or hit Enter, to proceed.
Displaying EP activities in MS Teams
You can view EP activities as cards in MS Teams. To view a task, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Easy Projects account in a separate window.
- Open Activity Center.
- Click the activity you want displayed in MS Teams.
- Go to the address bar and copy the task URL, e.g. https://sampleaccount.go.easyprojects.net/activities/activity/1125.
- Get back to MS Teams and paste the URL in message bar.
- A card representing the activity will appear (see the picture below for an example).
Important: it may take up to 20 seconds for the preview to load, for the first time - depending on internet traffic, etc. and if the preview doesn't appear within 20 sec then please reinstall the app.
Viewing a displayed task in Easy Projects
To view the displayed task, click 'View task'. This will result in Easy Projects opening in a new tab with the activity's details panel open on the right.
Creating an EP activity from MS Teams
You can create activities right from MS Teams. Here's how:
- Go to the chat you would like to create an EP activity from.
- Click '...' on a pop-up toolbar just the above chat as you place the mouse pointer on it.
- Select More actions.
- Click 'Create task' next to Easy Projects icon.
- On the dialog box that opens, type the activity name.
- Specify a destination project.
- Type a description (optional).
- Click 'Create'.
- A card representing the task will be created. Now you can access it in Easy Projects by clicking 'View task'.