Creating a project plan
To create a project plan:
- Go to Activity Center.
- Use the filters to sieve out the project(s) you want to create a project plan of.
- Click the Project Plans button ().
- Click "+".
- Name the plan in the Name textbox.
- Select a granularity option under Detail Level (for details, see below).
- Select desired layout options under Layout Settings.
- Click "Create".
These options determine the structural layout of the plan being created. The options include:
- Based on Gantt View: Choose this option if you want the plan to show the project(s) exactly like shown on the Gantt View tab. With this option on one project can be shown as collapsed and another expanded if the Gantt View shows them that way.
- Projects: With this option on the plan will show only the project level, i.e. without activities being displayed.
- Projects and one nested level: If selected, this option will show the top-level activities along with the project level on the project plan.
- Projects and two nested levels: If selected, this option will show the top-level activities and one level below along with the project level on the project plan.
With these settings you configure the data displayed as attributes of the objects displayed on a plan. For example, if you want the projects to be color-coded in accordance with their health, you need to select the Health checkbox. The Start/End Date setting will turn on or off the showing of the project and activity start and end dates.
There are five settings, as follows:
- Dependency: Turns on/off displaying dependencies between activities.
- Critical path: Turns on/off displaying critical activities (if the setting is on, non-critical activities are shown faded as if off focus.)
- Progress: Turns on/off showing a numerical value of progress in percents in brackets.
- Health: Turns on/off health color-coding of projects (sky blue - healthy (good), yellow - at risk, red - trouble).
- Start/End Dates: Turns on/off showing project and activity start and end date in brackets.