The Payments tab is used to view, log and edit planned and actual expenses.
Accessing Payments Tab
To access the Payments tab:
- Open project details.
- Click the Project Financials button ().
- Select Payments tab.
Payment Bar Chart
The payment bar chart is a visualization tool that allows you to evaluate at a glance received and scheduled payments and compare Actual vs. Estimate at Completion payments. An example of expense bar chart is shown below:
Metrics shown on the chart are:
- EAC Billing
- Actual Billing
- Scheduled Payments
- Received Payments
- Actual Cost
The Log Payments section consists of two tabs:
- Received payments
- Scheduled payments
Switch between them depending on which payment, received or scheduled, you are going to log or edit.
The section is a grid with the following controls and fields.
|Control||Description||Purpose/How to access|
|Multi-select button||Use the button to select all, a single or several of logged payments. To select ALL logged items, click the top checkbox. To select one or multiple items, click the respective checkboxes.|
|Deletion button||Use the button to delete a logged payment.|
|Log (received or scheduled) payment button||Use the button to log a payment (received or scheduled).|
The grid consists of the following preset and custom fields/columns:
- # - ordinal number of the expense
- Date - the date of entry of the expense
- Amount - the amount logged as an expense
- Description - the description of the expense
To delete a payment:
- Open Payments tab in the project financials.
- Place the mouse pointer on the row of the respective payment.
- Click the deletion button () that appears in the left-most column.
- Confirm the deletion.
Smaller Display Size Case