The Overview tab gives you a general picture of the project's financial performance. It includes such metrics as:
|Profit||Actual Billing - Actual Cost|
|Expected Profit||EAC Billing - EAC Cost||EAC = Estimate at Completion|
|Billed||(Billed Labor + Billed Expenses) / EAC Billing * 100%||EAC = Estimate at Completion|
|Actual Cost||Actual Labor Cost + Actual Expenses|
|ETC Cost||ETC Labor Cost + ETC Expenses||ETC = Estimate to Complete|
|EAC Cost||Actual Cost + ETC Cost||ETC = Estimate to Complete|
The above metrics are given on interactive plaques, that is, rectangular panels programmed to display additional information when you place the mouse pointer on them. The plaques have three depths of information:
- Metric name and value
- Metric formula, and
- Metric breakdown.
Metric breakdown operations
To access a metric breakdown:
- Place the mouse pointer on a plaque to access the metric formula (see point 2 above),
- Click the angular bracket (>) button in the top right corner, OR
- Click the plaque you want to open.
To export a metric breakdown to Excel or PDF:
- Click a plaque to access the metric breakdown,
- Click the 'More actions' button () on the right,
- Select Export to Excel Worksheet/Export to PDF.
To open project/activity details in a separate tab:
- Access the metric breakdown,
- Place the mouse pointer on the row of a project you want to open in a new tab,
- Click the open-in-the-new-tab button ().
Key Metrics Bar Chart
A central part of the tab is a bar chart that offers visual representation of some key metrics:
The right third of the tab gives an overview of key financial targets as set on the Targets tab:
Accessing Overview Tab
To access the tab:
- Open project details.
- Click the Project Financials button ().
- Select Overview tab.