Birdview keeps a log of user rates with the effect that every time you change a personal billing rate, the pastime entries are not recalculated with the new rate but rather use the rate that applied at the time of entry. A new rate you add is appended to the log with the date of addition recorded along with its numeric value so that it applies from that time forward until a subsequent rate is added.
To access the rate history:
- Go to User Menu | Company Settings | Users.
- Click a user to access its profile.
- Click More actions ().
- Select Rate history.
Rate history screen
The rate history screen consists of these elements (see the illustration):
- Billing rate (the rate used for billing purposes),
- Internal rate (the rate used for payroll purposes), and
- Date of change (the date a rate was added).
Editing rate history
The only editing operation available for rate history is deletion of entries. If you clear up the rate history the current user rate will be applied to all time entries made for or by the user, both past and future.
To delete a rate from rate history:
- Access rate history (see above).
- Click the dustbin button next to a past entry (the current rate cannot be deleted).
- Confirm the deletion.