To make sure your system and your current EP database can handle a jump from one major version to another, make sure you do a test upgrade, first.
You will also need the latest license - when your subscription renews you are always sent the latest license and make sure you have this ready, for the upgrade. If not sure contact us at email@example.com and request that another one be sent.
Follow the steps, below, to make sure your upgrade is a smooth one and avoid any interruptions of service.
As always, make a backup of your EP root folder and EP database just in case!!
1. do a clean install so you can make sure you have all the pre-requisite software running on the servers eg IIS and sql
first - see https://www.easyprojects.net/requirements to check that you have the required software/hardware then
second - proceed to the downloads page to download the latest at https://www.easyprojects.net/downloads
2. send us screenshots of any errors to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. once that's good and you can login and create a project, then you're ready to do the test upgrade against your existing easyprojects instance
4. delete the db from the clean install and restore the copy of your live db under that same name as the clean one you just deleted.
5. run the installer in upgrade mode and point it to the clean install root folder and follow the steps outlined in the installer.
6. login as you do usually, and make sure everything works as it should - understanding that some screens and buttons and features and functionality will have changed, from your older version - including bookmarks/saved links which may not work, anymore.
if you see any errors then screenshot them and sent them to email@example.com