Since a rate card can be used in more than one project, editing the card's rates or versions and saving the changes will result in all the projects involved being affected. To avoid this, you can duplicate your rate cards. Duplicating means creating an exact copy of a card, but not linked with the same projects as the original card, or, as an variant, linked only with the project being edited. It saves you time recreating a card and provides a safe and quick way to apply billing changes to a specific project.
To duplicate a card for a project:
- Access the Financials section of the project ().
- Open the project rate card.
Two scenarios are possible:
I. The rate card is used in this project only.
- Click "More actions" () next to the currency selector.
- Select Duplicate.
II. The rate card is used in two or more projects.
- As Easy Projects detects that the card is used in multiple projects, a warning message will be displayed suggesting that you make a duplicate of the card. Use the link incorporated in the message to duplicate the card.
- You can also click the "Duplicate and apply to current project" to make a duplicate and apply it to the project being edited.
III. The rate card is used in a project which you have no permission to edit.
- If you have no editing rights for the project, you cannot edit its rate card, but you still can duplicate it for this project.
- To duplicate the card, either use the procedure above, or use a link in the warning message you will see.