You may want to duplicate an existing role at times. For example, you have a Coordinator role with the "Access all projects (not in portfolios)" disabled. You then may have need for a coordinator (a user with that role) to generate a report on projects the person has no access to under their current role. Duplicating the role under a new name, e.g. Coordinator Elevated, will solve the problem.
To duplicate a role:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage System Settings’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- From the User menu | Settings, select Roles.
- Select the role you wish to duplicate. The role details open in the right half of the screen.
- Click 'Copy'.
- Give a name to the duplicate.
- Make changes as required and click the "Save" button.