Once you set up filters for a custom report (more on this please read here) you can use them for vieweing the report. It is useful to remember the following properties of the filters:
- When no filter is selected, an unfiltered report will be diplayed, i.e. it will pull all available data from the database without any constraints or limitations. This equivalent to the situation when ALL filters are selected.
- When you select one or more filters and click "Run Report":
- a filtered report will be generated in accordance with the filters applied, and
- the selected filters are memorized for a next run of the report.
By default, the filters section is displayed in the Report View screen, when you run a report. However you can hide the filters by clicking the Show filters control (). Accordingly, to enable showing the filters click the button again.
Memorizing last selected filters
To make sure the last choice of the filters is memorized:
- Select filters of your choice;
- Click Run Report.