Easy Projects does not allow you to rename a team you have misspelled accidentally. The way to handle this is simple:
- Delete the team;
- Add it with the correct name.
What to do if a team has been in use for some time and now has a lot of members in it, but then you find it needs to be renamed?
The way to do it without simply deleting it from the list of teams first, adding it with a new name and reassigning the users to it:
Suppose the old name is 'PMs' and now you want it renamed to 'Project managers'.
- Go to the Users page.
- Type 'pms' in the search bar on the Users page to filter out all the members of 'PMs'.
- Checkmark all the users.
- Click Teams button above, type 'Project managers' and click + Create and select Project managers.
- Click Add to assign all the users to 'Project managers'.
- To delete the 'PMs' team:
- Erase the word 'pms' from the search bar (see Step 1) to display a full list of users.
- Click any of the users who is NOT in the 'PMs' team.
- In its details, click Teams field to get the list of available teams.
- Hover on the PMs row and click the wastebasket button to delete the team altogether.