The Weekly Timesheets page is designed to help you log, track and edit time entries laid out as rows of weeks. It provides a convenient way to both log and edit/delete time entries previously logged. If you have the permission to add time for somebody else included in your role, you have the option to enter time for some other user.
The calendar panel is on the left of the page. It is used to pick up weeks for logging or editing time entries. Weeks with some hours logged for them are marked with the total hours logged in front of them. Hourless weeks show greyed out "0:00" at the end of the row. See illustration below:
To scroll though the Calendar, use the two arrows at the top of the calendar: downward one (V) to scroll down (backward on the time line), and upward one (^) — to scroll up (forward on the time line).
Three colors are used to show at a glance how you are performing against your personal schedule (set in your user details).
The chart explains the color coding being used to mark workdays in accordance with work hours logged:
|Color Code||Personal Schedule Performance|
|Hours logged for the day match your personal schedule.|
|Hours logged for the day are below your personal schedule.|
|Hours logged for the day are above your personal schedule.|
The Control Bar consists of the following controls:
|Add time||Click to open activity selection box|
|Week selected||Use the arrows on the selector to click though weeks forward or backward.|
|This week||Click to select the current week in the Week selected picker and on the Calendar panel|
|Timelog details||Toggles between the detailed time logs, i.e. with the description field, custom fields (see below) and Billable checkbox, and hour-value-only time logs.|
Weekly Time Tracking
The page has everything you need to log time for yourself or somebody else (see Note above for requirements) for an activity for a whole week or any single day in a selected week.
To log an entry:
- Select the user to log the entry for.
- Select the week within which you want to log time by clicking the respective row on the calendar. Refer to the Week selector in the table above.
- Click Add time.
- Select the activity to log time for. Use text search at the top to quickly locate an activity (see Activity search below).
- As a new row is added, fill in the cell(s) for a specific date(s).
- To add a description and/or make the entry billable, make sure Timelog details is turned on (see the table above).
- Hit Enter or click elsewhere on the page. Changes are saved automatically.
To edit an entry:
- On the Calendar, select the week you want to edit.
- As all activities with logged time entries for the selected week are shown in the main section, click the cell you want to edit. If Timelog details is enabled, clicking the cell will open a callout with the description and the Billable checkbox.
- Edit as appropriate, and hit Enter (or click elsewhere on the page). Changes are saved automatically.
To set a value to a time entry-related custom field:
- Enable Timelog details.
- Click a cell for adding or editing its content.
- In the callout that opens, the custom fields are listed between the description and the Billable checkbox.
- Set a value to the custom field you want.
- Click outside the callout. The changes are saved automatically.
Billable time entries
Depending on the billing type of an activity, its time entries may be billable or nonbillable. For example, a flat fee task may not require billable hours since you are paid a fixed amount regardless of time spent. On the other hand, resource hourly rate tasks (see Changing project billing type) will obviously require a complete list of billable time entries to go into your bill.
To set a time entry as billable or nonbillable:
- Repeat the process for editing a time entry, as described above.
- Select/deselect the Billable check box in the callout, as appropriate.
- Click outside the callout. Changes are saved automatically.