A space in Birdview is an independent working environment designed to cater to the unique needs of teams or departments. Spaces functionality allows structured organizations to manage projects, workflows, and custom fields, ensuring a tailored and efficient approach to work. Think of space as adding a department to your organizational structure, where each department has its area of expertise, dedicated projects, and members. This organizational framework ensures that workflows are optimized for effective communication and collaboration. The setup provides a focused environment for teams to collaborate and enhances overall security, enabling organizations to safeguard sensitive information and data.
How to use spaces?
In Birdview you may create as many spaces as you need for your account. For example,
- project or customer spaces - put all the information related to your project or customer in one place.
- team spaces - each team (Client Services, Digital Marketing, PR, Data Analysis, etc.) may have their own space so they can focus and make their information easier for everyone to find.
- personal space - every user may create their own space, where they can store everything they're working on individually.
A tab in the middle of the left-hand menu bar represents the Spaces menu. This dropdown serves as a hub where you can effortlessly choose the specific Space you wish to enter or create. Additionally, Activity center differs from space to space showing different projects, saved views, and activities.
To access a specific space from the menu, follow these steps:
- Click the top of the Spaces menu where the name of the currently selected space is displayed and click .
- Select a space on the list.
Creating a new space
- Click the top of the Spaces menu.
- Click .
- Fill in the "Space name" field.
- Choose a color and an icon/emoji for the space.
- Click "Create space".
When you create a space, you’re automatically granted the "Administrator" permission for it, which means you can then add members to this space and grant permissions to them.