The Birdview and SharePoint integration enables you to attach SharePoint files and zipped folders directly to Birdview Projects; Tasks; Issues; Requests and Milestones.
- Eliminates manual uploads.
- Removes the necessity for manual data syncing between different devices.
- Provides you and your team with access to the most up-to-date document versions.
- Birdview serves as a centralized repository for your Project/Activity-related documents.
- Enhances files collaboration among team members, making it faster and more efficient.
The Integration feature is available to users with any type of license.
Attach SharePoint items
- Open a Project; Task; Issue; Request or Milestone to which you would like to attach files or zipped folders from SharePoint.
Click Attach files (paper clip icon) within the message board.
All users can attach files from SharePoint.
- Select SharePoint from the list.
If this is your first time attaching a file from SharePoint Birdview will prompt you to log in to your SharePoint account and grant Birdview access to the files.
When you log in to SharePoint through Birdview, you can access the same files as when you log in to the SharePoint app independently.
For example, if certain files in SharePoint haven't been shared with you, you won't be able to see them when attaching files from SharePoint within Birdview.
Next, you can select the files or zipped folders you need.
Click the Select button to confirm adding the attachments.
Finally, click the Post button.
The link to the item(s) appear(s) in the message board, indicating SharePoint as the file source.
Attachments from SharePoint remain stored in the cloud storage account and don't use Birdview storage space.
Once the file or zipped folder is attached, you and everyone who has access to the Project, Task, Issue, Request, or Milestone will be able to view the file and access up-to-date file versions.
View SharePoint items
To view SharePoint items, you have two options:
- Click directly on the attached item.
- Click the Ellipsis icon and choose the "Open in new tab" option.
Access to the content of attached files is managed through SharePoint.
Please consult your SharePoint administrator if you encounter any issues.
Birdview does not store credentials, copy information from SharePoint, or process the content of the attached items.
Copy link of SharePoint item
Click the Ellipsis icon and choose the "Copy link" option.
Group SharePoint items
For quicker searching of the SharePoint attached items, you can use grouping by "Files" within the Project.
Duplicating a Project/Activity with SharePoint items
When duplicating a Project/Activity with SharePoint attachments, the SharePoint attachments will be duplicated accordingly.
Creating Project based on Draft/Template Project with SharePoint items
When saving any Project as a Draft or Template with SharePoint items attached and subsequently creating a Project based on the Draft/Template, the SharePoint files will be preserved within the newly created Project.
Disconnect Birdview from SharePoint
- Follow the link: https://myapps.microsoft.com/
- Find Birdview app on the “Apps dashboard” page
- Click the Ellipsis icon (…) within Birdview app and select the “Remove” button
Troubleshooting assistance information
- After posting a SharePoint item in Birdview and opening it in a new tab in edit mode, you may still be able to manage the SharePoint file contents, even if you’ve signed out directly from SharePoint in the other tab.
After removing the Birdview app from SharePoint and attempting to upload new attachments from SharePoint within Birdview, you may still have access to SharePoint for a period of time.
To address the issues above, please refer to Microsoft Documentation or consult your SharePoint Administrator.
In the event of a SharePoint domain change, if certain locations have not been renamed, it may result in difficulties when finding attachments in SharePoint and uploading SharePoint attachments within Birdview.
To address this issue, please refer to Microsoft Documentation or consult your SharePoint Administrator.