Project and activity message boards come with a utility that can help you create texts in chosen tone, e.g. casual, formal, professional, etc. The utility is called AI Assistant. The tool uses natural language processing (NLP) to understand the context of your text and suggest the most appropriate words and phrases to turn it into a consistent piece of writing. It works by way of predicting the most likely words and phrases using NLP techniques such as machine learning and deep learning to analyze the existing data, such as documents and pieces of text, creating on this basis a model for predicting subsequent text. AI text completion can help with various tasks, from writing articles to spell and grammar checking. By understanding how a given text is composed, AI Assistant can provide enhanced typing experiencing by suggesting the most relevant words and phrases. All in all, AI Assistant helps you:
- Choose a narrative tone—formal, professional, casual, sarcastic, etc.—to diversify or 'spice' your messages.
- Utilize online sources and NLP techniques to continue your writing.
- Improve your writing in line with selected narrative tone (formal, casual, etc.).
- Check your spelling and grammar as you write.
- Summarizing the points you wrote in a reporting style.
- Convert your text into bullet points.
Using AI Assistant
The use of AI Assistant is easy and user-friendly:
- Open the details of an activity or project and scroll down to the message board.
- Start typing your message like you normally would.
- At some point, click the AI button (). For example, you would like the AI Assistant to continue the message you started.
- Click Continue writing with AI.
- Wait for AI Assistant to generate text. The generated text typed in italics will be placed below your initial text under a heading of Generated by AI.
- When text generation is complete, choose Replace, Append, Retry or Discard. See the table below for details.
|Replace||Your own text is replaced with the AI -generated piece.||Use it when you do not care about your own message (from which the AI-generated text has derived).|
|Append||AI-generated text is appended to your text.||Use the option to append AI-generated text to your own message.|
|Retry||Another version of AI-generated text is produced for your review.||Use the option to discard the current version as unsatisfactory and produce another one.|
|Discard||AI-generated text is deleted.||Use it when you find the AI-generated text unsatisfactory or change your mind about using AI Assistant's help.|
For other AI Assistant commands available to you, see below.
AI Assistant commands
AI Assistant has got a number of features that are triggered by respective commands. The available commands are:
- Continue writing with AI
- Improve writing
- Improve spelling and grammar
- Summarize into bullet points
- Change tone
|Command||Situation in which to use it|
|Continue writing with AI||To produce a continuation of your text based on its key idea(s)|
|Improve writing||When you feel your writing is lacking in style, grammar or logic|
|Improve spelling and grammar||When you'd like to produce a perfectly correct and grammatically sound text|
|Summarize||When you want your text to be narrated in a summary style, e.g. "This text describes this and that..."|
|Summarize into bullet points||The command is to be used when you'd like to convert your text into a summary presented as bullet points|
|Change tone||This command allows your message or text to be re-written in the chosen writing tone and completed, if necessary, to turn it into a consistent piece of writing|
AI Assistant includes a palette of writing tones, i.e. narrative styles that follow specific rules with their own peculiarities. For example, a casual writing tone may be appropriate in communications between coworkers of similar rank or friends, whereas a formal tone is best used when addressing management or promulgating official information, such as company policy. By offering you to choose among different tones, AI Assistant helps you a great deal in putting your messages accurately across to various audiences.
Currently, the following tones are available:
- Formal (Aimed at maintaining a professional demeanor while engaging with colleagues and customers alike)
- Professional (A tone that is respectful of everyone's time by being accurate and attentive to detail)
- Friendly (A tone that helps actively engage colleagues and customers with a warm and genuine attitude)
- Straightforward (Direct and clear in communication, avoiding any ambiguity)
- Optimistic (Showing enthusiasm about your goals and pride in your abilities and work being done)
To choose a writing tone:
- Type your text in the message board or have one generated by the AI Assistant.
- Click the AI Assistant button ().
- Click Change tone.
- On the dropdown menu, select the desired tone.
- After text generation is finished, select Replace, Append, Retry or Discard.
Cancelling AI generated text
You can cancel the action of appending or replacing the AI-generated text by pressing Ctrl+Z.
Licenses and AI Assistant Usage Limits
The AI completion text feature is available to all Birdview licenses and users, including guests. However, each user and account has a limit placed on the number of words or syllables that can be processed before a warning message pops up and a lock-out takes effect. When a user has exhausted the allocated number of words, they need to wait approx. one hour before AI Assistant is back on. The account-wide limit takes about 24 hours to reset.