When planning a team for a project, you can enjoy a degree of automatization provided by Birdview. Built-in functionality is designed to help you find suitable candidates for a project.
We draw a line between registered users (called simply users) and unfilled job positions on a project, conventionally termed unnamed resources. Think of unnamed resources as placeholders you set up as necessary to carry out your project, but it remains uncertain with whom you can fill them in at the time you are making your plans. If you are in luck you may be able to fill them in from the pool of users you already have, or, if not, you may find yourself in need of hiring them specifically for the project. It gives you additional flexibility in planning projects, as you can build up a full-fledged team and plan the workload for each of its members, even if some of the positions still remain vacant. Once the team is built as part of the planning process, your HR manager can start finding people to fill in the unnamed resource positions.
Add users and unnamed resources to a project team
Adding users to the team is identical to the process of assigning members to the project.
To add an unnamed resource to the team:
- Click + Add unnamed resource.
- Type a name for the resource.
- Select a job role.
- Choose a set of skills from the existing ones or add a new one by typing its name.
- Click Add.
Find candidates to replace unnamed resources
As soon as job positions are determined and taken temporarily by unnamed resources, the process can be started of finding the best matches to replace the latter with users who aren't members of the project team. Birdview offers a unique opportunity of recommending the best candidates for projects using AI technology.
To generate a list of AI recommended users:
- Hover the mouse over the project name.
- Click the Find candidates button.
- The AI recommended users screen pops up for your review and further action.
- Check the suggested users for missing positions.
- Select the type of allocation: Soft or Hard to be used for the assigned users within this project.