Adding time to assigned activity
To add a time entry to an activity you are assigned to:
- Log in as user with permission(s) to add time entries. Refer to Time Log Use Requirements for details.
- In Activity Center hover over the activity.
- Click the triple-dot More actions menu ().
- Select Add time entry.
- Select the date, specify the number of hours being logged, specify activity progress and/or personal hours left, and whether the entry is billable, and click 'Record'.
Adding time for someone else
As you add time entries for an activity which is not a parent (see Parent activity completion rate below), you can change its completion rate.
Please note, that changing the rate to 100% allows you to close the activity.
Parent activity completion rate
The completion rate of a parent activity is calculable and cannot be changed manually.
Please refer to Parent activity progress calculation for details.
Hours left tracking
In addition to activity progress, Easy Projects uses estimated hours specified for an activity to calculate hours left. This is a very handy feature as it allows you to track progress as you and your team members log hours spent on the activity. The total hours left for an activity are a total of personal hours left of all its assignees.
Personal hours left
When you add a time log, it is automatically deducted from your personal hours left as seen in the respective field. The same happens when you add time for somebody else - the person's personal hours will be adjusted accordingly. The personal hours left value can also be adjusted manually.
You can report the completion of your share of work on a given activity directly in Time logs (Add Time Log tab). To do so, take these steps:
- Select the activity with which you want to report your part of work done.
- Click the I'm done checkbox.
- The personal hours left will be reset to zero automatically.