When you hover over a project name and click Details in Activity center, the details panel opens on the right side of the screen. It consists of the following sections and fields:
|Status||Drop-down list with available status values.||See Project statuses.|
|Project name||Name of the project.||Editable (in-line editing).|
|ID number, Date of creation, and Creator||Project ID details, when created, and by whom||Not editable (system information).|
|Completion status message||
Example 1: Project was completed 3 days after its planned end date.
Example 2: due to end in 7 days.
|Completion rate slider with the message "XX % done"||Allows you to set the desired completion rate of the project manually.||Editable.
If the project period includes today's date, it will be shown as a small light-blue circle.
|Budget & costs||The total budget for the project is shown as a light-blue bar (or an orange one in case of over budget). Any billable costs, including time logs (actual hours) and expenses, are shown as a darker bar on top of the first, containing a message "XX of YY spent" (e.g. "$5.28K of $9.50K spent").||Not editable.|
|Project estimated hours bar showing Actual hours and Hours left||Project estimated hours are shown as a light-blue bar, on top of which actual hours (the total of time logs entered for the project's all activities to date) are shown as a darker bar.
|Description||Description of the project.||Editable in a rich text editor. To edit, click on the description; or, if there is no description yet, click in the area with the 'Add description' watermark text.|
|Checklist||The section allows you to create a checklist of to-do or similar items related to the activity.||See Checklist.|
|Custom fields||The section contains any custom fields created for projects. The fields are editable (except a formula type field), and the changes are saved on the fly.||See Custom fields.|
|Messages, Files, Audit trail||The section is used to post messages, attach files, and view audit trail.||See Project messages, Attaching files to project, Project audit trail.|
|Priority||Drop-down list with available priorities.||See Priorities.|
|Time frame||Indicates the project's time frame. Three scenarios are possible:
Click to bring up an editor with three fields to edit:
|Estimated hours||Contains an estimate of how many hours the activity will take to complete.||Editable.|
|Portfolio||Portfolio the project belongs to.||Editable.|
Note: This budget does NOT include the budgets of its activities, if any. For the overall budget of the project, Billing settings below.
|Members||The section is dedicated to the project members.||Editable. Click to open the assignments editor.
See Project assignments.
|* Duration accuracy is 0.25h. Minimum non-zero duration is 0.25 hours (15 minutes).
** Duration in decimal format rounded to the closest 0.25 h.
Editing access levels and permissions of project members
To edit a project member's access role and permissions:
- Place the mouse pointer over the project member whose role or permissions you wish to edit (see the illustration below).
- Click .
- Select a new access level, or edit permissions for the current access level as you see fit.
- Click Save after you are done.
To access the project financials settings, click the dollar button in the top right corner of the details section. See Project financials.
To access additional options, click More actions .
- Auto assign - is used to set which project member is automatically assigned to tasks, issues, or requests as these are added to the project. To learn more about this option, see Auto-assigning activities to project members.
- Export to MS Project - is used to export the project to an XML file suitable for re-import to MS Project. To learn more, see Export to MS Project.
- Capture baseline - you can make a snapshot of the project's start and end date at a given moment. To learn more, see Project baseline.
- Disable/Enable dates rollup - toggles the modes of calculating the project start and end dates from its activities. To learn more, see Dates rollup.
- Archive - allows archiving old projects that are no longer needed. To learn more, see Archiving projects.
- Delete project - to delete the project:
- Select Delete project .
- A confirmation dialog box with a counter will pop up.
- Choose the appropriate action.