Adding a project in Activity Center is the initial step in managing your projects and is very simple.
To add a project:
- Open Activity Center.
- Click the green 'New Project' button.
NOTE: If you want to create a project based on an existing template, see Creating projects based on templates.
- Type the name of the project in a text box as it opens underneath.
- Click 'Create' at the right end of the box, or press Enter.
- A box opens beneath inviting you to type the name of an activity.
- Proceed as described in Adding activities.
- As soon as the project is saved you can furnish further details to the project by clicking its name and filling any extra details on its details section.
- Alternatively, use the attribute buttons to add details to the project. Follow the use case below:
— Click the Customize button () and mark the 'Total Project Budget with Expenses' box under Project. Close Customize screen. Edit the budget by clicking on the () icon. Click 'Save' when you are done.
2. To add estimated hours:
— Click the Customize button () and mark the 'Actual hours (timelogs)' and 'Estimated hours' boxes under Project. Close Customize screen. Type in the required amount for estimated hours by clicking on the () icon, and click 'Save'.
3. To add a description to the project:
— Position the mouse pointer over the name of the project until two buttons pop up to the right of it. Click the description button (). While typing a description for the project, you may use some editing tools, such as font change, font color, indenting, justification, etc., including hyperlinks.
— Click 'Save' when you are finished.