You can have projects stored as a CSV file imported to Birdview using a wizard.
- Project Name
- Project Description
- Start date
- End date
Project name;Description;ID;Duration;Start date;End date
As you can see, the first line contains the names of fields the values correspond to. Whilst it is useful for some purposes, it may wreak havoc during import. For this reason, you will have the option to skip the first line while importing a CSV file.
Import a list of projects
To import a list of projects, follow these steps:
- Click "More actions" (...) in the Activity Center toolbar and select "Import from CSV".
- Select Projects from the "Import list of" drop-down list.
- Once in the "Import projects" screen, click on "Browse", and find a source CSV file.
- Select a field separator that is used in your CSV file (e.g. a comma).
- Select the "Skip first line of the file" checkbox (refer to the second note above) if required.
- Click "Next".
- Perform field mapping, i.e. link fields of projects being imported with Birdview ones. Use "Add fields" to get new fields to map.
- Click "Import".
You will get an ‘Import completed successfully’ message if import has been successful.