The Birdview notification system will send out notifications as soon as a notification event has occurred.
If there are two or more rules in use, each is applied in its own right, i.e. if two rules have one and the same event and one and the same recipient, notification will be sent twice. There are a few exceptions, though, as follows:
- If a recipient is both among primary and secondary recipients, notification is sent only once.
- If the ‘creator’ is among primary recipients, but is not included in the secondary ones, notification is not sent.
- Inactive and Cannot Login users are not sent notification.
- If a task, issue, or request status has been changed from incomplete to complete, only notification that it has been completed will be sent, not that it has been changed.
- When a task, issue, request is created and assignments are made at the same time or other actions such as the upload of a file, no notification about assignees or attachments will be sent out.
- Notifications are only sent for projects with a status that is not equal to completed (have the No value in the 'Treat as completed' column in User menu | Company Settings | Workflows).
If you are using Chrome, Firefox or Edge as your web browser, you can enjoy the convenience of push notifications.
Push notification is a feature that uses your browser (currently, only Chrome, Firefox and Edge) to pop up a message as unobtrusively as possible in a corner of your screen, allowing you to take action or simply informing you about an event. This is widely used on mobile devices, letting you know when an email message arrives, an update is ready to be installed, etc.
To enable push notifications:
- Log in to Birdview. If you are logged in already, skip this step.
- Click User menu | My Settings | Notifications.
- Click on the "Enable push notifications" button.