If there are two or more rules in use, each is applied in its own right, i.e. if two rules have one and the same event and one and the same recipient, notification will be sent twice. There are a few exceptions, though, as follows:
- If a recipient is both among primary and secondary recipients, notification is sent only once.
- If the ‘creator’ is among primary recipients, but is not included in the secondary ones, notification is not sent.
- Inactive and Cannot Login users are not sent notification.
- If a task, issue, or request status has been changed from incomplete to complete, only notification that it has been completed will be sent, not that it has been changed.
- If a task, issue, request or notification event has been created, no notification about assignees or attachments is sent out.
- Notifications are only sent for projects with a status that is not equal to completed (have the No value in the 'Treat as completed' column in User menu | System Lists | Project statuses).
If you are using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser, you can enjoy the convenience of push notifications.
Push notification is a feature that uses your browser (currently, only Chrome and Mozilla Firefox) to pop up a message as unobtrusively as possible in a corner of your screen allowing you to take action or simply informing you about an event. This is widely used on mobile devices, letting you know when an email message arrives, an update is ready to be installed, etc.
To enable push notifications:
- Log in to Easy Projects. If you are logged in already, skip this step.
- Click My Options on the User menu. This will open the My Options screen.
- Under User options, check or uncheck boxes as required.