Q. My Birdview instance is slow or nothing happens when I click a button or the screen looks disjointed or other similar odd issues - how can I pinpoint where the problem lies e.g. my server, my network, my browser, or all three?
A. The best tool to measure all the aspects of Birdview's performance is a tool called FiddlerCap (lightweight version of Fiddler).
Have one or more users with the most problematic performance issues install it and track their Birdview use.
The tool (for .NET 4) can be downloaded from https://www.telerik.com/fiddler/fiddlercap
- Download Telerik FiddlerCap.
- Close all instances of your browser. Using Firefox? Click here.
- Run the FiddlerCapSetup.exe file.
- FiddlerCap will start automatically when the installer completes.
- Inside FiddlerCap, click the "Clear Cookies" button and then the "Clear Cache" button.
- Enable the "Decrypt HTTPS traffic" option on FiddlerCap screen.
- Inside FiddlerCap, click the 1. Start Capture button.
- A new web browser window will appear. Use the web browser's address bar to go to whatever site you need and reproduce the problem.
- Reproduce an issue you have with Birdview.
- Inside FiddlerCap, click the 2. Stop Capture button.
- Click the 3. Save Capture button. Save the .SAZ file to your desktop.
- Email the .SAZ file from your desktop to us at firstname.lastname@example.org