For an inhouse EP instance to make e-mail notifications work, please check the following:
- Log in to EP as Administrator, go to User menu - Settings - Notifications. Make sure that the box "Enable notification system" is checked.
- Go to the "E-Mail sending settings" area.
If your SMTP server requires authentication:
- Make sure that option "Use SMTP authentication" is enabled;
- The field "SMTP server" is filled with an existing SMTP server's name or IP address;
- The account specified in the "User name" field exists in the SMTP server;
- Re-enter a password for specified SMTP account.
To determine if notifications are sent by EP check the "NT_SendEmails" database table.
The "SendStatus" field can have four values, where "3" - email has been sent successfully, "4" - there was error sending it.
Error details can be found in the "Easy Projects" log in the Event Viewer on your server.