You can follow other users' activities, similar to how you become a follower of somebody's Twitter account.
The feature allows you to keep tabs on a project where you don’t have any assigned activities. Whenever an activity followed by you is edited, you will get notified by email, provided notifications are enabled. Thus, you stay updated on an activity without adding it to your assignments.
The only other options to keep tabs on a Birdview task are by:
- expanding a user’s permissions to see tasks they aren’t assigned to – which may be too much for some; or
- assigning yourself to it – which adds it to your task list, even though you aren’t responsible for doing it.
With activity following, you can bypass the above with a click of a button.
When you are assigned to an activity, you start following it automatically.
If you are not an assignee, and you want to follow an activity, use the steps below.
Following/unfollowing an activity
To follow an activity:
- In the Activity Center, select the activity you would like to follow.
- Click the Follow button ( ).
Unfollowing an activity
To unfollow an activity:
- In the Activity Center, select the activity you would like to follow. Use Filters to quickly locate activities followed by you.
- Click the depressed Follow button ( ).
You can configure notifications so that you receive, as a follower, notifications pertaining to activities followed by you on occurrence of certain events. Please see Following settings to learn more.