You can follow other users' activities similar to how you become a follower of somebody's Twitter account.
The feature allows you to keep tabs on a project where you don’t have any assigned activities. Whenever an activity followed by you is edited you will get notified by email, provided notifications are enabled. Thus you stay updated on an activity without adding it to your assignments.
The only other options to keep tabs on an Easy Projects task are by:
- expanding a user’s permissions to see tasks they aren’t assigned to – which may be too much for some; or
- assigning yourself to it – which adds it to your task list, even though you aren’t responsible for doing it.
With activity following you can bypass the above with a click of a button.
When you are assigned to an activity you start following it automatically.
If you are not an assignee and you want to follow an activity use the steps below.
Following/unfollowing an activity
To follow an activity:
- In Activity Center, select the activity you would like to follow.
- Click the Follow button ( ).
To unfollow an activity:
- In Activity Center, select the activity you would like to follow. Use Advanced filters to quickly locate activities followed by you.
- Click the depressed Follow button ( ).
You can configure notifications so that you receive, as a follower, notifications pertaining to activities followed by you on occurrence of certain events. Please see Following settings to learn more.