You can follow the progress of some activities if you need it for some reason. To become a follower manually, you need to click Follow on the activity menu or press a respective button in its details. See Activity following.
However, you can have the system to make you a follower of an activity under certain conditions
You can automatically become a follower of an activity if one or everything of the following happens:
- you create an activity;
- you are assigned to it;
- you add a message to it;
- someone @-mentions you on its message board.
This can be configured in My Settings.
Follower notification events
You can also configure notification events regarding activities you are following.
The following options are available:
- Activity added;
- Dates updated;
- Status updated;
- Messages and files added;
- Expense updated;
- Other events (name, type, hours, progress, priority, category updates).
To change the above settings:
- Go to User menu | My Settings | Notifications tab.
- Flip on appropriate options under Notify by email about ... as Follower.
- Changes you make are applied immediately.