Post approval is a great way to facilitate discussion of important issues and managing the production process within an activity. By requesting approval of your post from a group of assignees you thus create a 'council' and each member of it should (1) read, (2) understand, and, finally, (3) veto (approve) your message. This makes sure that no one you deem important is excluded from the discussion of the issue you have put forward in your post.
To request approval of a post:
- Click the name of the activity on which message board you wish to place a post.
- Turn to the Messages, Files, Audit Trail panel.
- Select the Messages checkbox to ensure you can view and post messages.
- Type your message in the text entry bar.
- Attach files, if required.
- Click 'Request approval'.
- Select the users you wish to request approval from (approvers) and click 'Apply' to save the selection.
- Click 'Post' to post the message and send out approval request notification.
To approve a message :
Method 1 (via Approval Alerter):
If there are posts pending your approval, but you have not received a notification by email for some reason (e.g. notification system is turned off), you can check out such posts using the approval alerter. The alerter, which acts as a button, is located on the top menu bar on its right hand side. If there are unread posts pending your approval there will be a red circle with a counter of such posts attached to the alerter.
- Log on to Easy eProjcts.
- Click the approval alerter. You will see time stamped notices about unread posts pending approval.
- Click the notice corresponding to the post you wish to review.
- As you taken to the post, click 'Approve' to approve it./li>
- The alerter counter will decrement by one or disappear if there are no more unread posts pending approval left.
Method 2 (via notification email):
If you have received an email notification about a post that requires your approval, you can approve it directly.
- Open the notification letter.
- Read the message.
- Click the 'Approve' button in the body of the letter:
- If you are already logged on to Easy Projects, you will be taken directly to the post to be approved on the message board of the respective activity.
- If you are logged out of Easy Projects, you will be taken to the logon page, and then to the post waiting your approval on the message board of the respective activity.