Approval request email notification is independent of the main notification system. That is, you will be notified of approvals requested of you even if the main notification system is turned off.
To be able to access the message board of the respective activity an approver must have the "View" permission enabled in their access level.
"View" permission includes both viewing the activity And viewing the project members - this is to ensure project permissions are not bypassed by the Approval feature.
Users with the "Can't login" status cannot be approvers, and do not appear on the Request approval list.
There cannot be two or more ongoing approval processes within the message board of an activity. Before starting an approval process make sure the current one has been completed.
Birdview has a built-in mechanism for requesting approval from a group of users (approvers) for posts created on the message board of an activity.
Typical approval workflow include the following stages:
- A post is created on the message board of an activity.
- The creator of the post selects a list of approvers from among project members/assignees.
To be able to select project members as approvers of the post, the post creator must have "View all (members and assignees)" permission enabled in their project access level.
- The approval alerter appears on the top menu bar in the creator's account showing unread posts waiting approval, rejected or approved.
- An approval request notification is sent out to the approvers (with a message "Approval pending notice has been added") to draw their attention to the post waiting their approval.
- Each approver clicks "Approve" or "Comment" button in the approval pending notification letter they receive. The "Comment" button allows an approver to provide feedback on the post before approving or rejecting it.
- The status of approval ("Approved by" or "Rejected by") is visible to all the approvers as a caption under the post in question, e.g. "Approved by 3 of 5".
- Using the status of the approval process, the creator can approach those approvers who have failed to approve, reject or provide feedback on the post. This ensures transparent and efficient approval procedure.