Activity Center features fast and efficient filtering of projects and activities using a wide range of filters.The filters are applied as you select them, so, depending on connection speed, filtering can be very fast.
To filter a list of projects:
- Click the 'Advanced filters' button ().
- Locate the required filter(s) and select appropriate checkboxes.
- The list is updated automatically. If required, use additional checkboxes or filters.
- Go to Advanced filters.
- Select 'Projects, Customers & more' tab.
- Click 'More' under Projects.
- Type 'office' in the search text box.
- As you type, a list is generated of all projects whose name contains 'office'.
Quick Filtering by Name
You can generate a list of up to 10 items using text search. The items include projects, activities, assignees, priorities, etc.
To use the quick filter:
- Type a text string that is part or the whole of the name of an assignee, project, activity, etc. you are looking for in the text box 'Filter by assignees, priorities, projects and more...'
- A list will be generated as you pause typing.
- To get more results, keep typing.
Filtering by Custom Fields
You can filter items in Activity Center by custom field values.
For example, you want to sort projects by a date custom field named 'Kick-off Meeting Date' which has today's date for its value.
As a precondition, a Kick-off Meeting Date custom field of the date format must be created beforehand, and should be assigned a value for all or some of the existing projects. Refer to Custom fields: adding and modifying and Custom fields: assigning value to to learn more.
To filter out projects by the custom field:
- Open Activity Center.
- Click the advanced filters button ().
- Go to Custom Fields tab.
- Under Project Custom Fields, click the 'More' button to access available filters.
- Select the appropriate filter (Project > Kick-off Meeting Date)
- Under Filter by timeframe, select Today and click 'Apply'
- The list will be updated to show only projects with today's date as the value of the custom field.
To cancel filtering:
- Close active filters displayed as boxes at the top of filtered list by clicking 'X' at the right top corner.