Adding a project in Activity Center is the initial step in managing your projects and is very simple.
To add a project:
- Open Activity Center.
- Click the green 'New Project' button. NOTE: If you want to create a project based on an existing template, see Creating projects based on templates. See the screenshot below.
- Type the name of the project in a text box as it opens underneath.
- Click 'Create' at the right end of the box, or press Enter.
- A box opens beneath inviting you to type the name of an activity.
- Proceed as described in Adding activities.
- As soon as the project is saved you can furnish further details to the project by clicking its name and filling any extra details on its details section. Also, see steps 3 through 4 here.
- Alternatively, use the attribute buttons to add details to the project. Use the use case below:
— Click the Customize button () and click the 'strong box' button () under Project. Edit the budget and click 'Save' when you are done.
2. To add estimated hours:
— Click the Customize button () and click the actual & estimated hours button () under Project. Type in the required amount for estimated hours, and click 'Save'.
3. To add a description to the project:
— Position the mouse pointer over the name of the project until three buttons pop up to the right of it. Click the description button (). While typing a description for the project, you may use some editing tools, such as font change, font color, indenting, justification, etc., including hyperlinks.
— Click 'Save' when you are finished.