Creating project custom fields
To create a custom field for projects:
- Log in as Administrator (or a user who has the ‘Manage Customers’ permission). If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- Select Custom fields on the main menu.
- Select Projects under 'Custom fields for'.
- Fill out the form.
- Click 'Add'.
- Repeat steps 4 to 5 to add more custom fields.
Solution: Create a custom field: Project internal number.
Using custom fields
The custom you create appear in Activity Center as activity or project attributes. Once it is visible among other attributes it can be edited.
To make a custom field attribute for an activity (use similar procedure for project) visible in the grid:
- In Activity Center, click to open the Customization panel.
- Under Custom fields select the checkbox of the custom field. If the custom field is activity type sensitive, select the appropriate tab (Task, Issue, or Request).
- Use drag and drop to relocate the custom field among other attributes.
- Click again to close the Customization panel.
Once it is visible, you can change its value by double clicking and typing a new value.
Custom fields can be included in reports like any other preset fields.