Project statuses include a very useful status — Template. As the name suggests, it is assigned to projects that are to be used as a template, or a model, to create projects based on their details, including activities they may consist of. This can be a real time saver to those who create projects often and in large numbers. To learn more about creating projects based on templates, refer to Creating projects based on templates.
The Template status of projects has a number of special features:
- No email notifications will be sent out for any events (e.g. when you add tasks, change dates, assignees, etc).
- Activities of 'Template' projects are not visible on My Assignments page;
- 'Template' projects are hidden from Activity Center, unless you use the 'Templates' view; and
- You have an option to show 'Templates' on the Resource Loading reports.
- Being a preset system status, it cannot be renamed or deleted.
You can view available templates using the Templates preset view in Activity Center.
To open the view:
- In Activity Center, click the view selector ().
- Select the Templates view.
Templates in Advanced Filters
You can access the templates through the advanced filters:
- In Activity Center, click the advanced filters button ().
- Select Templates under Project statuses on the Statuses tab.