Easy Projects allows projects to be imported from another popular project management tool, MS Project. The process is not fully automatic due to major differences in the two applications’ design. Project import, however, can help you save considerable time.
Importing a project from MS Project
To import a project from MS Project:
- Log in as user with ‘Add projects’ permission. If you are already logged in, skip this step.
- Open Activity Center from the Projects & Tasks menu.
- Click the "Export & Import" button.
- Retrieve the path to the project to be imported by using "Browse", navigating to the project, and clicking "Open".
- Click "Process".
- Match each user in the source project with one of the available users in Easy Projects, so that the latter takes place of the former with their default roles or ones of your choice in the resulting project.
- When you are finished, click "Import".
- Successful import results in the new project's details section opened where it can be updated as much as it needs it.
MS Project tasks vs. Easy Projects activities
The way EP fields in a resulting activity are matched with ones in the source MS Project one is as follows:
|MS Project Field||EP Field||Notes|
|*)||Duration||*) Duration in Easy Projects is calculated based on Start and Finish, not imported from MS Project's Duration field.|
|Work (if Estimated is selected)||Estimated Hours||The Estimated checkbox must be selected for the work value to be imported.|
|Percent complete||Progress||Completion rate.|
|MS Project User||EP User|