You can get customers stored as a CSV file imported to Easy Projects using a wizard.
- Company Name
- Is Enabled
- Hourly Rate
Company name,Is Enabled,Address,Hourly rate,Description
Enigma Inc.,yes,"1000 Some Street, City, Country",50,
Phantom Inc.,no,,0,Promising customer
As you can see, the first line contains the names of fields the values correspond to. Whilst it is useful for some purposes, it may wreak havoc during import. For this reason, you will have the option to skip the first line while importing data from a CSV file.
Import a list of customers
To import a list of customers, follow these steps:
- Go to Activity Center | More actions () | Import from CSV.
- Select Customers from the 'Import list of' drop-down list.
- Once in the Import customers screen, click on "Choose file", and find the source CSV file.
- Select a list separator.
- Select the Skip first line of the file checkbox (refer to the second above) if required.
- Click 'Next'.
- Perform field mapping, i.e. link fields of the customers being imported with EP ones. Use 'Add fields' to get new fields to map.
- Click 'Import'.
You will get a message ‘Import completed. X records were imported successfully.’ if import has been successful.