You can have time logs stored as a CSV file imported to Easy Projects using a wizard.
- Entry Date
5/19/2010,3,Test TimeEntry 01,true
5/20/2010,4,Test TimeEntry 02,true
5/20/2010,5,Test TimeEntry 03,false
As you can see, the first line contains the names of fields the values correspond to. Whilst it is useful for some purposes, it may wreak havoc during import. For this reason, you will have the option to skip the first line while importing data a CSV file.
Import a list of time entries
To import a list of time entries, follow these steps:
- Go to Activity Center | More actions () | Import from CSV.
- Select Time Entries from the 'Import list of' drop-down list.
- From a drop-down list in the User field, select the user you wish to import the time logs to.
- From a drop-down list in the Project field, select the project you wish to import the time logs to.
- From a drop-down list in the Activity field, select the activity you wish to import the time logs to.
- Once in the Import time entries screen, click on "Choose file", and find the source CSV file.
- Select a list separator.
- Select the Skip first line of the file checkbox (refer to the second above) if required.
- Click 'Next'.
- Perform field mapping, i.e. link fields of time logs being imported with EP ones. Use 'Add fields' to get new fields to map.
- Click 'Import'.
You will get a message ‘Import completed. X records were imported successfully.’ if import has been successful.