Vacations Calendar is a screen for viewing and editing vacations.
NB: To manage your own vacations, you must have ‘Manage own vacations’ permission enabled in your role.
NB: To manage other people’s vacations, you must have ‘Manage other people’s vacations’ permission enabled in your role.
To access the Vacation Calendar screen:
- Open Tools menu.
- Select Vacations Calendar.
To add a vacation:
- Under ‘Vacations for', choose a user for whom you wish to add vacation days. See the second Note above.
- Click 'Apply' to switch to the vacation calendar of the selected user.
- Choose a year using the "<" or ">" button, if required.
- Click on a date.
- Select a date in the From and To fields on the vacation dialog box that opens.
- Choose a vacation type from the 'Vacation type' drop-down list. See System lists for the 'Vacation types' tab link.
- Select the duration of the vacation Full day or Half day.
- Click 'Save'.
NB: The cell representing the vacation day will change color to match the one of the selected vacation type.
NB: The whole of the cell will be filled with the color of the vacation type selected if it is a full day vacation, or half the cell if it is a half day vacation.
1 - a 3 half day vacation period (type: travel day)
2 - a 3 full day vacation period (type: bereavement)
3 - a 1 full day vacation (type: regular vacation)
Time off counter
As you add a vacation to a vacation calendar, it is added to the counter of time off for the current year shown under the Time Off section.
Public holidays are shown the same way as weekend days. On how to add a public holiday to Calendar, see Company schedule.
To delete a vacation
- Click the vacation you wish to delete.
- Click 'Delete' on the vacation dialog box.
To change the starting date of vacation year
NB: You must have 'Manage system settings' permission enabled in your role.
- Go to Settings | General on the User menu.
- On Company schedule tab, change the starting date of vacation year.
- Click 'Apply'.
NB: It is not possible to exclude a single day from a vacation. The only option to do so is to shorten the vacation to end one day before the date being excluded, and then adding another vacation starting one day after the date.
NB: Three other things to be remembered while working with the vacation calendar and adding vacations for users are:
- Make sure to set up special or non-system vacation days in the system list area (you need permissions to get there - i.e. admin or pm role by default)
- Make sure you have appropriate permissions - you need either add your own and/or add for others, i.e. admin or pm role by default.
- Use the vacation report to see vacations for all users at once.