Easy Projects allows you to manage vacations, both corporate and personal, with great ease. The minimum vacation you can add is half a day (4 hours). A wide range of vacation types are available (Leave of Absence, Trade Show, etc.). To add a custom vacation type, refer to Vacation types.
Please note that the vacations calendar only allows you to view public holidays, but not to manage them. i.e. add, edit or delete. Public holidays are managed in Administration settings > Company schedule.
Vacations Calendar is a screen for viewing and editing vacations.
Accessing Vacations Calendar
To access the Vacation Calendar screen:
- Open Tools menu.
- Select Vacations Calendar.
To add a vacation:
- Under ‘Vacations for', choose a user for whom you wish to add vacation days. See the second Note above.
- Click 'Apply' to switch to the vacation calendar of the selected user.
- Choose a year using the "<" or ">" button, if required.
- Click on a date.
- Select a date in the From and To fields on the vacation dialog box that opens.
- Choose a vacation type from the 'Vacation type' drop-down list. See System lists for the 'Vacation types' tab link.
- Select the duration of the vacation Full day or Half day.
- Click 'Save'.
1 = 3 half day vacation (type: travel day)
2 = 3 full day vacation (type: bereavement)
3 = 1 full day vacation (type: regular vacation)
Time off counter
As you add a vacation to a vacation calendar, it is added to the counter of time off for the current year shown under the Time Off section.
Public holidays are shown the same way as weekend days. On how to add a public holiday to Calendar, see Company schedule.
Deleting a vacation
To delete a vacation
- Click the vacation you wish to delete.
- Click 'Delete' on the vacation dialog box.
Changing starting date of vacation year
To change the starting date of vacation year
- Go to Settings | General on the User menu.
- On Company schedule tab, change the starting date of vacation year.
- Click 'Apply'.
- Make sure to set up special or non-system vacation days in the system list area (you need permissions to get there - i.e. admin or pm role by default)
- Make sure you have appropriate permissions - you need either add your own and/or add for others, i.e. admin or pm role by default.
- Use the vacation report to see vacations for all users at once.