The Simulation tab within Birdview offers a powerful tool designed to streamline the intricate process of assembling project teams and aligning project implementation periods with the availability and skills of your workforce. In the dynamic landscape of project management, creating teams that possess the necessary skills and are simultaneously available can pose a significant challenge. The Simulation screen steps in to simplify this complex task, providing valuable insights and solutions.
Key functionalities and capabilities of the Simulation screen encompass:
- Project-team matching
- Skill and availability analysis
- Timeframe alignment
- Scenario planning
- Decision support
To create a project with the help of Simulation use the steps as follows:
- Go to Resources > Simulation.
- Type the name of a project.
- Set a time frame for the project.
- Pick up the project team by skill or name.
- Match the users, required skills, and workload with the set time frame:
- Adjust each team member's workload using the slider, as appropriate.
- Click Find best matches.
- The results of the matching process will be displayed, giving you the earliest date to start the project and the list of team members that meet your criteria for both skills and workload.
- Click Create project as a draft.
As a result, you will have a mix of both specific users, picked by name, and yet unknown ones, identified by one or more skills you require from them on this project.