Dashboard offers a convenient way to monitor the most urgent things you are likely to need to pay heed to while managing your projects. Dashboard is a versatile and customizable tool. The source for Dashboard data monitors (widgets) is the custom reports you create in the Reports sections (see Reports Generator). By marking a report as visible in Dashboard, you make it one of the current Dashboard widgets. Alternatively, you can add a widget to Dashboard by picking it on the list of Dashboard-ready reports.
To access Dashboard:
- Click Dashboard on the main menu.
The dashboard controls include:
- The "Add widgets" button
- Dashboard Filters button
- Widget panel close button (X)
1. Add widgets
2. Dashboard filters
3. Widgets panel close/hide button
Dashboard has a set of filters that can be applied to all widgets at once. The filters are:
- Activity assignees;
To use the Dashboard filters:
- Click the Dashboard Filters button ( — see picture above).
- Change the filters as required.
Dashboard is an array of widgets — a resizable window containing the preview of a report. You can rearrange widgets on Dashboard by drag-n-dropping them, and also resize them to make more room, or, conversely, make a widget easier to read.
The widgets are selected on the widget panel that contains all currently available widgets.
To open the widget panel:
- Click the "Add widgets" button.;
The panel looks as follows:
To close the panel, use the Close button (X).
The widget controls include (see picture below):
- Hide; and
- Resize handle.
1. Widget filters
3. Hide widget
4. Resize handle
Adding a widget
To add a widget to Dashboard:
- Click the Add widgets button.
- Click a widget on the Widgets panel on the right to add it.
- Resize and/or relocate the widget on the dashboard field.
Closing a widget
When a widget is closed it is not deleted permanently but added back to the available widget list on the widget panel.
To remove a widget from Dashboard:
- Hover the mouse over the widget to be removed.
- Click "X" in the top right corner (see item 2 on the picture above).
Resizing & relocating a widget
To resize a widget:
- Hover over the "handle" of the widget (item 4 on the picture) to be resized. The mouse pointer should change to a NW-SE double-headed arrow ().
- Drag by the "handle" until you get the desired size of the widget.
To relocate a widget:
- Hover over the top of the widget to be relocated. The mouse pointer should change to a four-headed arrow ().
- Press the left button and drag the widget to the desired location.
- Release the button to 'drop' the widget at the new location.
Widgets may have filters if the latter are used in the report the widget is based on. Just like with the report, you can activate and use the filters with the respective widget on Dashboard. This allows you to present data just the way you need it at any given moment without having to change the initial report.
To use the widget filters:
- Hover over the widget.
- Click the filters button (see item 1 on the picture above).
- Use the filters as they appear on the Filters panel on the right.