To view files attached to an activity, take these steps:
- Log in to Easy Projects.
- Access the message board (Messages, Files, Audit Trail panel) of the activity using one of the methods.
- Select the 'Files' checkbox.
- As a result, all files uploaded as attachments to the activity will be displayed.
- New file attachments by other users and not yet viewed by you, are marked with light-blue circles. The counter of unread items is also displayed next to the 'Files' checkbox.
To attach a file to an activity:
- Access the Messages, Files, Audit Trail panel for the activity by one of the methods, e.g., via Activity Center, or on Activity details section.
- In the Activity details section, select the 'Files' checkbox in the Messages, Files, Audit trail section.
- Click the paperclip button on the right side of the input box with the 'Type message or drop files...' watermark.
- Select the file or files you wish to attach, and click 'Open'.
- To start uploading, click the 'Post' button.
To use drag-and-drop to attach a file or a group of files to an activity:
- As in 1 above.
- Open your file manager (e.g. Windows Explorer) and locate the file(s) you want to attach.
- Use the drag and drop technique to transfer the files into the box.
- To upload the files, click the 'Post' button.
File version update
In case you attach the same file two or more times, it is not overwritten, but is added as a version # of the file already uploaded.
- You have uploaded a file named 'new.project description.docx'
- Another team member downloads, changes, then uploads the file again.
- As a result, there will be two files shown, like so:
- new project description.docx ver 1
- new project description.docx ver 2