You can have projects stored as a CSV file imported to Easy Projects using a wizard.
- Project Name
- Project Description
- Start date
- End date
Project name;Description;ID;Duration;Start date;End date
As you can see, the first line contains the names of fields the values correspond to. Whilst it is useful for some purposes, it may wreak havoc during import. For this reason, you will have the option to skip the first line while importing a CSV file.
Import a list of projects
To import a list of projects, follow these steps:
- Go to Tools | Import from CSV. Alternatively, click the "Export & Import" button in Activity Center and select Import from CSV.
- Select Projects from the 'Import list of' drop-down list.
- Once in the Import projects screen, click on "Choose file", and find the source CSV file.
- Select a list separator.
- Select the Skip first line of the file checkbox (refer to the second above) if required.
- Click 'Next'.
- Perform field mapping, i.e. link fields of projects being imported with EP ones. Use 'Add fields' to get new fields to map.
- Click 'Import'.
You will get an ‘Import completed successfully’ message if import has been successful.
Note: If you are planning to import a Large set of data, it's always best to do a test import, with just a few lines of data and if it looks ok then do the rest. To do things this way you will want to split your CSV into a two files 1st with just a few records and 2nd file with the rest. Do the test on the 1st file and then do the full import on the 2nd file.