You can have projects stored as a CSV file imported to Birdview using a wizard.
- Project Name
- Project Description
- Start date
- End date
Project name;Description;ID;Duration;Start date;End date
As you can see, the first line contains the names of fields the values correspond to. Whilst it is useful for some purposes, it may wreak havoc during import. For this reason, you will have the option to skip the first line while importing a CSV file.
Import a list of projects
To import a list of projects, follow these steps:
- Go to Activity Center | More actions () | Import from CSV.
- Select Projects from the 'Import list of' drop-down list.
- Once in the Import projects screen, click Choose file, and find the source CSV file.
- Select a list separator.
- Select the Skip first line of the file checkbox (refer to the second note above) if required.
- Click Next.
- Perform field mapping, i.e. link fields of projects being imported with Birdview ones. Use 'Add fields' to get new fields to map.
- Click Import.
You will get an ‘Import completed successfully’ message if import has been successful.