The search tool is designed to help you find projects, activities, etc. using text string search. The following fields are searched to contain the required string of characters:
- Project ID, name and description;
- Portfolio name and description;
- Activity (each type is searched separately, and the results are presented separately for tasks, issues and requests) ID, name and description;
- Event name and description;
- Time entry description;
- Message text;
- Attachment name (file name);
- Knowledge base help topics;
- Custom fields of the following types: text, list, hyperlink, text area, text area (rich formatting).
To access search:
- Press Ctrl+K, or
- Click the magnifying glass button above the main menu.
Main Search Rules
Search is governed by the following rules:
- Search is supported for the contents of files of the following formats: .PDF,.DOCX,.DOC,.XLSX,.XLS,.PPTX,.PPT,.MSG,.XML,.EML,.RTF,.TXT,.CSV
- Search inside archived files., e.g. .ZIP-files, is NOT supported.
- Common search syntax is supported, such as in Google: e.g. if a file contains words "Alexandr", "Alexey", "Aleksandra", using the string "Ale*" will find them all.
- Phrase search is supported, e.g. the query "one two three" will find only those files which contains all three words in the given sequence (but if there are words in between such phrases will be returned as results, too—e.g. "one two something three").
- If a query like "one -two" is used, the search will return the files that contain "one" AND do not contain "two".
- The size of indexed files is limited to 128 Mb, i.e if a file exceeds the size it will be found by name only, not by the contents.
- Search includes files embedded in other files.