You can use Vacation Calendar to view and manage vacations in your company excluding public holidays.
Vacation management includes viewing your own and/or other people’s vacations, changing the start date of a vacation year, and adding/deleting vacations on the calendar.
Accessing Vacation Calendar
To access Vacations Calendar:
- Open Tools menu.
- Select Vacations Calendar.
Adding a vacation to VC
To add a vacation on the vacations calendar:
- Access the Vacations page, see above.
- Under ‘Vacations for', choose a user for whom you wish to add vacation days. See the second Note above.
- Click 'Apply' to switch to the vacation calendar of the selected user.
- Choose a year using the "<" or ">" button, if required.
- Click on a date.
- Select a date in the From and To fields.
- Choose a vacation type from the 'Vacation type' drop-down list. See System lists for the 'Vacation types' tab link.
- Select the duration of the vacation Full day or Half day.
- Click 'Save'.
The Legend section contains a list of color coded elements used on a vacations calendar.
To delete a vacation:
- Click the vacation you wish to delete.
- Click 'Delete' on the vacation dialog box.
Changing start date
To change the start date of a vacation year:
- Click Options, Company Schedule.
- Under ‘Vacation year starts on:’, choose a date.
- Click ‘Apply’.
When two vacation periods overlap in time, they are presented using the formula:
Vacation 1 end date = Vacation 2 start date - 1 day
Example of overlapping vacations:
Vacation 1: 03/09/15 - 03/13/15 (type: Regular Vacation)
Vacation 2: 03/12/15 - 03/16/15 (type: Trade Show)
Vacation 1 + 2: 03/09/15 - 03/16/15 (type: Regular Vacation + Trade Show)