To create a RLS project use steps as follows:
- Go to Resources | Resource Loading Simulation on the main menu.
- Name the project:
- Type a name for the project in the top field over the words 'New project'.
- Set a time frame for the project:
- Select the From and To dates, if you know the exact dates of your project.
- Alternatively, select the From date as the earliest date for your project to begin and type the duration you would like the project to take.
- Pick up the project team by skill or name:
- Click 'Select by Skills', or
- 'Select by Name'.
- Match the users, required skills and workload with the set time frame:
- Adjust each team member's workload using the slider, as appropriate.
- Click 'Find best matches'
- The results of the matching process will be displayed, giving you the earliest date to start the project and the list of team members that meet your criteria for both skills and workload.
- Click 'Create Project as a Draft'.
A project with the Draft status and a placeholder task named 'Task' will be created.
There is a special filter in Activity Center that allows showing projects and activities with members/assignees who have work overload. Overloads occur when you create a RLS project with some members detected as overloaded.
The filter has no values to select as long as there no project with overloaded users.
To use the filter:
- Click the advanced filters button ().
- Click Resources & Constraints tab link.
- Click Overloads.
- Select a project on the list, if any.
- The result of applying the filter will be two or more projects and activities with members/assignees overloaded. The overloaded users are marked with a thin red frame around them. See illustration below.
- In addition to the regular filter box (with the name of the project selected in the filter), as many boxes (as there are overloaded users) with a user picture and the value of overload in hours (in red print) will be displayed above the overloads filter results.