You must have 'Manage all custom forms' global permission or be included in the list of users of a custom form with the permission 'Manage this custom form and its records' to perform the actions below.
Each form comes with a HTML code which can be retrieved and used to access the form directly. This can be used to publish forms you create on the Web making them a good tool to collect data.
Until a form is active its HTML code is of no value as the form will not available to the person trying to access it through the code.
To retrieve a form's HTML code:
- Click Custom Forms on the header menu.
- Click 'Manage custom forms'.
- Go to Active tab to view the active forms.
- Click the Edit link on the form you want to view HTML code of.
- Select 'Allow anonymous users to add records' if you want to allow anybody on the Web to add records to the the form. Note: to make this setting effective, make sure you use 'Save changes' button before you leave the form screen.
- Click 'Show code' button.
- As the code opens in a text box, you can copy it to Clipboard and transfer elsewhere.
- Click 'Save changes' to save changes. See note in 5 above.